A self-taught programmer striving for excellence.
- SonicaJun 2023 — PresentFounder.Lead Engineer.Designer.
Building tools for music educators
I am leading this project to simplify workflows for music educators.
- Building a web-based suite of tools for music schools and teachers to manage their students using Next.js and Supabase.
- Managing database schemas and migrations using Prisma.
- Designing UI and UX in Figma.
- Managing tasks in Asana.
- Leading and mentoring junior engineers.
- Develop and implement business strategy.
- HelloMoonAug 2022 — May 2023Software Engineer.
Blockchain data infrastructure for Solana
I worked with a team of developers to deliver data solutions as the premier data provider on the Solana blockchain.
- Built solutions for real-time blockchain data pipelines with minimum latency and cost-effectiveness by using event-driven design with AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, AWS DynamoDB, AWS API Gateway, AWS RDS, AWS Cognito, and other AWS services.
- Leveraged AWS CDK to design, build and iterate on software architecture with rapid deployment with GitHub Actions CI.
- Worked with data engineers to design schemas to represent aggregate blockchain data.
- Created internal tools to automate documentation, SQL generation, and SDK generation using Typescript.
- Implemented unit and integration testing strategies.
- Improved web application performance by upwards of 50% by refactoring blockchain data visualizer from SVG to rasterized images, server-side rendering techniques, and caching.
- Gathered product requirements, created design specs, and effectively responded to changes in scope/timelines by collaborating with business partners.
- Built ad-hoc solutions for business partners.
- Collaborated with a team of developers by practicing Agile methodology to confidently plan and deliver on deadlines.
- Implemented OAuth 2.0 authentication flow.
- LiveMusicProjectJan 2022 — Aug 2022Volunteer Full Stack Developer.
Curated classical music concerts in the PNW and beyond
I volunteered in a team of 3 to design, build, and implement a web application to curate classical music events.
- Implemented automation testing strategy for React using Jest.
- Worked with GeoIP and PostGIS to represent geographic data for concert event locations.
- Designed and built web user interface for admin data entry.
- Worked asynchronously with a team of developers leveraging Git and Slack to deliver clear, concise code reviews, documentations, and new feature discussions.
- Bluestem BrandsSept 2015 — Jan 2016Backend Software Engineering Intern.
E-Commerce backend development
I built and tested software for backend infrastructure using Java and Spring Boot.
- Built and maintained backend features in Java using Spring Framework.
- Built real-time configuration using Apache ZooKeeper.
- Developed a microservice in Java to automate telecommunications with Telesign.